Several new participants have been confirmed for the CEO Summit on Capitol Hill, including a strategy session with Martha Kanter, Under Secretary at the Dept. of Education. Kanter oversees the nation’s post-secondary education agenda, and as such is an important ally for the Alliance’s workforce development, community college, and other initiatives.
In addition to workforce development, which is part of the Alliance Initiative for Economic Development & Jobs, the Summit will address Alliance initiatives on Health Promotion and Responsible Government. If these issues matter to you or your business, make plans now to join us at the Summit where we will make our case with top government officials and policy experts.
Others confirmed as speakers or meeting hosts include:
- Jeff Levi, Executive Director, Trust for America’s Health
- Jane Oates, Assistant Secretary of Employment and Training at the Department of Labor
- Mark Walsh, CEO and Co-Founder, Genius Rocket
- Darrell West, Vice President & Director, Governance Studies, Founding Director, Center for Technology Innovation, Brookings Institute
- Senators John Kerry (D-MA) and Scott Brown (R-MA)
Stay tuned for more announcements, and if you have not already, be sure to sign up for the Summit (June 13), and the pre-summit dinner reception (June 12). Help bring the voice of business leadership to Capitol Hill!