JOB OPPORTUNITY: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Alliance for Business Leadership seeks a Program Director to join a growing staff focused on building a strong voice for the progressive business community in Massachusetts.
The Alliance for Business Leadership is the business organization you’ve been hearing about around town: a dynamic, innovative coalition of progressive business leaders united in the belief that social responsibility and sustainable economic growth go hand-in-hand. Alliance business leaders run the gamut: companies large and small; long-established organizations as well as innovative start-ups; boldfaced names and people still making their mark. Alliance business leaders share a fervent commitment to creating growth and opportunity for everyone.
The ideal Program Director will be a detail-oriented self-starter who thrives in a fluid environment with a diverse set of responsibilities. The Program Director’s role will range from policy and organizing to administrative. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Flexible schedule is negotiable.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the President to develop the Alliance’s strategy to expand its work in environmental responsibility and transportation, and to implement that strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizational allies in the areas of environmental responsibility and transportation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key elected and appointed officials in the areas of environmental responsibility and transportation.
- Monitor legislative developments related to environmental responsibility and transportation, and recommend and implement appropriate responsive action from the Alliance.
- Increase the education and engagement of the progressive business community around
issues of environmental responsibility and transportation. This work will include but not be limited to: coordinating with Alliance staff and board members around writing opinion pieces, securing earned media, organizing educational events, assisting with the development of programming for and planning of ABL Leader Lab, assisting with the placement of Alliance leaders as participants in public events involving environmental responsibility and transportation.
- Manage all Alliance administrative needs, including but not limited to: bill payment,
communication with vendors, event and meeting coordination, website maintenance, donor stewardship and reporting, and government filings.
- A Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts civic and political landscape.
- Familiarity with media relations and social media.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Comfort with working in a fluid environment.
- Capacity to think strategically, develop plans, and follow through.
- Willingness to work some evenings.
- Ability to work with and organize people with diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Comfort with website design and maintenance.
- Comfort with budget management and finance basics.
- Previous experience with the business community and/or issues-based organizing is desired. A passion for advancing a progressive agenda is required.
Up to $60,000. Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday, February 24, 2017.