JOB OPPORTUNITY: Director of Partnerships
The Alliance for Business Leadership seeks a Director of Partnerships to join a growing staff focused on building a strong voice for the progressive business community in Massachusetts.
The Alliance for Business Leadership is the business organization you’ve been hearing about around town: a dynamic, innovative coalition of progressive business leaders united in the belief that social responsibility and sustainable economic growth go hand-in hand. Alliance business leaders run the gamut: companies large and small; long-established organizations as well as innovative start ups; boldfaced names and people still making their mark. Alliance business leaders share a fervent commitment to creating growth and opportunity for everyone.
The ideal Director of Partnerships will be creative, hands-on, and a self-starter with knack for sales and member stewardship. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fluid environment with a diverse set of responsibilities, and are connected to business and civic leaders throughout the region. The Director of Partnerships’ role will range from membership sales and programming development to event planning and outreach. Diverse candidates and working parents are encouraged to apply. Flexible schedule is negotiable. Opportunity for performance-based bonus.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the President and Board of Directors to meet annual membership sales goals across all membership categories, with incentives for high performance.
- Work with President and Board of Directors to meet annual programming sponsorship goals, with incentives for high performance
- Research and strategize potential new areas of growth for the organization.
- Steward existing members and sponsors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizational allies.
- Represent the Alliance in public and at outreach meetings as appropriate.
- Projects overseen by this position will include but not be limited to: membership sales and stewardship, transition to new member program, transition to new sponsorship program, implementation of a leadership development program, oversight of member database, development of additional member engagement opportunities, membership growth social media campaign.
- Administration of membership structure and programming.
- Additional duties as necessary to promote the organization’s principal goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; able to multi-task effectively while managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Superior writing and communications skills, able to create compelling proposals and presentations with attention to tone and audience.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building abilities.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts civic and political landscape.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Capacity to think strategically, develop plans, and follow through on both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal business hours, to meet key deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to work with and organize people with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Comfort with public speaking.
- Some experience with social media outreach campaigns.
- Proactive and passionate about advancing a progressive agenda.
- Up to $65,000, commensurate with experience.
- Bonus structure to be discussed.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.