Reports to the Board of Directors
The Alliance for Business Leadership (ABL) is a non-partisan coalition of CEOs, entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders at all levels who have one thing in common: we believe that social responsibility and the sustainable growth of the Massachusetts economy go hand in hand. ABLseeks a leader with a mix of both private and public sector experience, and the ability to create and grow deep networks across diverse communities. She/he should be a self-starter who thrives in a fluid environment with a small team. The President oversees the work of both the 501c3 and 501c4 organization.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of operations, including, staff management, financial management, program development, fundraising, membership outreach, communications and advocacy.
- Lead fundraising efforts with foundations, major donors, corporate supporters, and members. Manage grant writing and reporting process.
- Develop and execute on a regular schedule of programming including ABL Leader Lab, the Give Back Awards, #NoAgendaThursday, Progressive Power Hours, and ABL Think Tank Brown Bag Lunches and the Lawrence Leads program.
- Work closely with the board chair and directors to craft and implement organizational strategy, development, and programming.
- Develop and implement membership retention and growth strategy, with particular attention to increasing the number of women and people of color.
- Manage the work of the 501c4 organizations which promotes and advocates for progressive business policy issues.
- Maintain active relationships with elected officials and other key civic leaders. the media, key organizational partners. Represent ABL on coalitions, working groups, and other outside committees.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Proactive and passionate about advancing a progressive business agenda in Massachusetts.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience including foundations, corporations and major donors.
- Ability to leverage the organization and individual network to drive policy and fundraising.
- Strategic vision and agility – think strategically, identify changing external realities and adapt the organizational plan in a timely manner.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience effectively working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; able to multi-task effectively while managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking abilities. Media experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts civic and political landscape preferred.
- Operational and financial management experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for a master’s degree in related field. Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Alliance is a 501c3 and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.